If you’ve been on our newsletter list for any length of time, you’re likely familiar with Seamless WBL, our new work-based learning, and advisory board management tool. Hopefully, you’re aware that the system is going to see a major “Phase 2” expansion in August, with new portals for employers and students (including the ability to track student work-based learning history!).
What no one knew – until now – is what happens after that. We’re finally ready to unveil details on “Phase 3,” which will be in place by December 2019.
What kinds of things will you be able to do in December? How about:
- A point-and-click interface that will allow you to easily build training agreements for student internships, externships, and apprenticeships, with detailed lists of the knowledge, skills, and activities to be covered in their WBL experience. These agreements will be able to be signed online by all parties.
- A job board attached to the Employer Search area, allowing students to search for internships, job shadows, and other employer-hosted opportunities.
- A place for students to enter their work hours and have employers sign off on those virtual time sheets.
- The ability to automatically generate advisory board sign-in sheets and track attendance over time.
- Additional reporting capabilities, especially for those with multi-school accounts.
Thanks go to our current users, many of whom have weighed in on the kinds of features that would make their jobs easier. We’re looking forward to rolling these components out by December, and announcing our Phase 4 in the process!
Brett Pawlowski is Executive Vice President of NC3T, the National Center for College and Career Transitions (www.nc3t.com). NC3T provides planning, coaching, technical assistance and tools to help community-based leadership teams plan and implement their college-career pathway systems and strengthen employer connections with education.