But systemic approaches are not easy to do. They require that stakeholders understand the importance of change and, just as importantly, the levers of change. They need to know how the model works and how they can make it happen.
Across the nation, NC3T is guiding the development of effective and innovative Career Connected Learning initiatives designed to increase student achievement and address workforce trends.
As you develop your vision and implement your strategic plan, NC3T can support your efforts in the following ways:
- Diagnostic Meeting/Asset Inventory and Analysis—The NC3T coach conducts a series of small group interviews using the NC3T Asset Inventory tool. During these meetings, the consultant assesses the current state of a potential pathways infrastructure and identifies and documents the existing activities, policies, and practices that can contribute to a robust pathways system.
- Visioning and Implementation Planning—NC3T facilitates a visioning and planning session with your education, workforce, employer, and community partners to capture the ideas and perspectives of all stakeholders. The NC3T site coach then works with your team to create a pathway system implementation plan with that includes goals, strategies, action steps, timelines, assignments, and accountability metrics.
- Pathways Institutes—An opportunity for education and community leaders in your district or region to participate in a guided learning effort to increase their understanding and expertise on pathways.
- Career Development Plan—NC3T develops a K-Adult career development plan that incorporates career awareness, exploration, and preparation activities throughout students’ educational environment.
- Communications and Branding Plan—NC3T creates a plan to spread the pathway system’s core messages. This may include an internal “brand promise,” development of a tagline and logo, talking points and presentation templates, and an action plan to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Technical Assistance—NC3T can help with technical analysis and planning, such as analyzing your current course offerings and helping to map them to a cohesive pathways sequence, or working with employers to help you identify desired student competencies and course outcomes.
- Virtual and On-Site Coaching—The NC3T site coach initiates regular calls with the local liaison and other core planning team members and conducts a site visit every other month for planning and problem-solving.
- Other Types of Pathways Support—NC3T can also support your work via keynote presentations, customized pathways research and development, virtual coaching, and an array of professional development options tailored to the needs of pathways sites, including everything from business engagement to scheduling.
Contact NC3T to discuss the ways in which our team will support your career pathway initiative efforts. Together, we will see that every learner has a dream and a plan, and every community has a capable, ready workforce.
- In this short video, president Hans Meeder discusses NC3T’s Design Specifications, a key resource developed to ensure that multiple elements of a comprehensive pathway system are addressed in the planning phase.
- Watch our relevant webinar, Key Components to Developing a Pathways System.
- Sign-up for our informative newsletter.