College and career pathways engage students in dynamic learning while preparing them for success in postsecondary education and training, careers, and life. The Power and Promise of Pathways, written by Hans Meeder of the National Center for College and Career Transitions, offers both the information and action needed to lead an effective pathways initiative in schools, colleges, and/or communities. Using cutting-edge research and real-life examples, Mr. Meeder explores:
- The value in developing and utilizing a clear definition of college, career, and life readiness for youth and adult learners
- A step-by-step approach to build a sustainable pathway system
- A career exploration system that significantly impacts the way students and their parents plan for postsecondary education and careers
- Workforce trends and analysis, examining where the U.S. workforce is headed and identifying the sectors likely to experience growth
- Key elements of effective and dynamic teaching within a pathways system
- The ways in which current school and college initiatives may be integrated into the pathways system
About the Author: Hans Meeder is co-founder and president of the National Center for College and Career Transitions, or NC3T, an organization providing coaching and technical assistance for schools and communities that are planning and implementing college and career pathways. Mr. Meeder is a former Deputy Assistant Secretary at the U.S. Department of Education and a nationally recognized expert, speaker, and author focusing on pathways, high school reform, career technical education, and STEM.
To order this book online, simply add it to the cart; to order more than 20 copies with special bulk pricing, or to pay with a purchase order or check, please email at [email protected].
IF SHIPPING TO CANADA, PLEASE CONTACT KANDICE DICKOVER TO MANAGE SEPARATE SHIPPING COSTS.