A new online course designed to help students develop the essential tools to plan for career, college, and life!
CareerSmart Essentials is a short self-paced online learning course is designed for you – a young adult in college or approaching the end of high school – who wants to learn the essentials of planning for career, college, and life.
During this course, you will make a small investment of time and money, but you will gain lifelong knowledge and confidence that will pay dividends for years to come.
You’ll learn about how to navigate a career and you will create a personalized Education and Career Plan. This Education and Career Plan is a beginning of a map to help you:
- identify career options,
- decide on courses of study,
- select a college or postsecondary program, and
- move toward a fulfilling career.
Each of the 8 learning modules includes:
- One or more video-based briefings;
- Supporting text for you to read;
- A short quiz to check for understanding of key concepts;
- An activity that will take 20-30 minutes to complete;
- Additional links and citations for additional free and paid resources that you can access whenever you care to.
Each module should take between 75 and 90 minutes to complete.
The course costs only $75, payable directly through the website where CareerSmart Essentials is hosted. When you pay, you’ll gain instant access to the course.
For new students who enroll before June 1, 2020, there’s a special Coupon Code (NEWSTUDENT) to save an additional $10.REGISTER NOW AND RECEIVE INSTANT ACCESS
Learn More About CareerSmart Essentials
CareerSmart Essentials is organized into 8 modules and will take about 12 hours to complete, with video briefings, readings, short quizzes, and activities. Once you finish the course, you’ll have four years of continued access to the material in the course, so you can come back to it and refresh at any time. Further, most of the written materials can be downloaded for further reference.
The course integrates all of the key ideas that a young adult needs to launch their life beyond high school and the early years of college. These concepts include:
- Self-discovery relating to learning styles and career temperaments;
- Learning the basics of the economy and workforce;
- Exploring which career pathways might be a good fit;
- Learning about money and budgeting, especially when it comes to decisions about college;
- Digesting the college application and financing process;
- Exploring 10 key employability/college success skills;
- Putting all of the pieces together into a personalized and adaptable Education and Career Plan!
You can learn more about CareerSmart Essentials and register by going to www.CareerSmartEssentials.com or clicking on the Register Now button above.
Certificate of Completion and Lifetime Access
When you complete the course, NC3T will provide a Certificate of Completion, including a list of the key concepts covered in the course.
Bulk License Options
NOTE: Schools, colleges, or other organizations that would like to make a bulk purchase of licenses for their students can contact NC3T by sending an email to [email protected]. Please Include CareerSmart Essentials in the subject line.